LegalLinkup.com is concerned about your privacy. We made our policies as transparent as possible so you can relax knowing you’re in excellent hands.
LegalLinkup. (‘we,’ ‘us’) is committed to preserving your personal information and respecting the privacy rights of all users of the website and the services supplied by LegalLinkup.com (collectively, “site”). This policy explains how personal information about you may be used, disclosed, and accessed.
2. Information that could get gathered
To use LegalLinkup.com, you must first create an account by providing an e-mail address and a password, which we refer to as your LegalLinkup.com ID. You can manage your profile and/or account and ask specific questions through this process.
IP addresses, domain servers, kind of web browsers, computers and domain servers used to visit the website, referral source to the website, and your engagement with the website and browser are all recorded and gathered automatically (collectively “Traffic Data”).
We also collect the information you freely supply in free-form text areas on the Site and through survey, quiz, and other similar activities.
On visiting a website, your web browser saves text information files called cookies to your computer. Cookies collect non-personal information from online visitors. When you visit our website, it can customise your preferences.
Most browsers allow cookies by default, but they can get set to reject them or notify you when they are received. Likely, certain portions of our website will not function adequately if you set your browser to reject cookies.
However, the information recorded in these cookies is not linked to any of the Personal Information you provide while using the Site.
We also collect:
- your IP address (which helps us understand how you use our site and allows us to make changes to improve your user experience);
- information about your computer and connection to our site (such as your browser type, operating system, and platform); and
- your user history to, through, and away from our site (such as information of the session,
- how many times the page is loaded,
- errors on the page and links that are broken,
- the length of your visits to our site, and
- other information related to your experience on our website).
4. Web Beacon
Web beacons are tiny graphic image files inserted in a website page or email and transmit data from the user’s browser to its home network. Web beacons collect information that allows us to track how many people are visiting the Site, the sites of selected sponsors and advertising, or opening our emails, and for what purposes.
We may also use Web Beacons in restricted circumstances to gather anonymous, non-personal information about your use of our Site and the sites of selected sponsors and advertisers, as well as your use of special promotions, emails, or newsletters we offer to you.
5. Site Analytics
In conjunction with the Site, we may employ third-party website analytics services. These internet analytics services do not collect personal information that you do not willingly enter into the Site. These services do not track your surfing activities when you visit websites that do not use them.
We’re using the data from these services to identify usability issues and make the Site more user-friendly. You or your account will never get recognised in the recordings.
6. Information Storage
Even after “deletion,” we indefinitely preserve all Traffic Data and review postings and may archive such information elsewhere. We keep all Personal Information unless you ask us to change or delete it, in which case we may keep some of it because it’s impossible to delete your account entirely without leaving some residual information behind.
Following the termination of your account or the account of any professional to whom your Case History Form was submitted through the Site, LegalLinkup.com has no liability to remove any data.
7. How your information may get used by LegalLinkup.com
We may utilise de-identified Personal Information to conduct statistical research on individual or aggregate trends (or authorise third parties to do so). Your Personal Information would only be used anonymously and could not get traced back to you.
Your email will primarily get used to:
- Make available to you the Site’s services.
- Troubleshoot issues, send you system or administrative messages and do anything else told at the time of collection.
- Serve you with relevant information based on your preferences.
- Make recommendations for various resources and provide information about our products and services.
- Personalise and enhance your experience.
- Detect and protect us from mistakes, fraud, and other types of criminal activities.
- Uphold our Terms of Service.
We have a zero-tolerance policy for spam.
Non-personal information obtained in other cases may get used for statistical analysis, quality improvements, and personalisation of web design, material layout, and services.
8. Information sharing
- When we have a good-faith belief that disclosing personal information to proper Government authorities is essential to comply with legal requirements, lawful legal process, a court order, an existing judicial proceeding, or to defend our rights or property, we will do so.
- To customise your advertising interactions, we may disclose Personal Information with advertisers and other third parties on an aggregate (i.e., non-personally identifiable) basis.
- We may share de-identified Personal Information about you with third parties so that they can do statistical research on individual or aggregate trends.
9. Controlling your Personal Information and User Choice
You can edit or remove Personal Information in your profile if you are a registered user of the Site. However, it may be impossible to erase your information without LegalLinkup.com retaining some residual information.
Please note that LegalLinkup.com is under no duty to erase any data or information after your account gets terminated. We will make our utmost effort to delete or hide any unintended personal information disclosed by you, but we are not required to do so.
To protect Personal Information, we adhere to generally established industry standards. Your personal information may get viewed by third parties in some circumstances, such as lawyers or operations and maintenance contractors who repair and maintain our technical systems. Businesses must secure the information we share with them under the terms of their contracts. LegalLinkup.com will use the information you give to offer services in the company’s best interests.
We will provide information about your case when a court order or other legal process requires it. We may use and distribute your case information to defend LegalLinkup.com’s or another party’s rights, property, or safety, or react to accusations that any posting or other content infringes third-party rights.
Links to additional websites may be found on the LegalLinkup.com website. Please be mindful that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party websites. When our visitors leave our site, we advise them to be aware of their surroundings and to read the privacy policies of the websites they visit.
We may send you notifications, reminders, and health-related information to the email addresses you give. LegalLinkup.com will not be held liable for any information or privacy breaches caused by you providing an incorrect email address.
11. Instructions for Opting-out
You can change your preferences on your profile page to opt-out. This opt-out does not apply to communications with you necessary to fulfil your order or provide the service you requested. However, you should be aware that choosing this option may affect the operation of our Web site and the quantity of information and services we can give to you. By contacting us using the details provided above, you may cancel your opt-out option at any time.